What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as the following:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address;
- your AIconex user ID and password (if applicable);
- credit card information (if applicable);
- any account-preference information you provide us;
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet; and
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can “talk” to yours while you are logged in.
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a re-seller or other business partner, we will
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission-although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service; and
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of AIconex, its users, or others, and this may include, for example, exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our website(s); research and development; customer and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
AIconex uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our website(s).
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the AIconex website when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example, by installing and updating suitable antivirus software.
Notice to European Union users
AIconex operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States or server as required to maintain cloud hosting accessibility. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use AIconex website(s) and service(s). AIconex does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the [US] Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)